Kickstarter - Glory to Rome

Ati descoperit un proiect interesant pe Kickstarter? Deschideti un topic si poate gasiti si alti useri interesati de joc.
DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple
Custom Rank: Going Cardboard

Re: Kickstarter - Glory to Rome

18 Aug 2011, 09:40

In mai putin de 2 zile voi reveni pe thread si va voi spune ca Glory to Rome Black Box Edition este cel mai de succes proiect pe Kickstarter din categoria GAMES.
Intre timp va spun numai ca jocul a ajuns la inca o suma foarte frumoasa si la 300% finantare:

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

18 Aug 2011, 13:29

Update #9:
We've now picked the FINAL CARDS for the promotional set. If you have time we'd love to get your help playtesting them!

CASTRA (Rubble) - Think at end of round in which you lost at least one card from hand to a Legionary.
DOMUS (Wood) - Upon Completion: Perform one Patron action
CASTRA PRAETORIA (Brick) - You may show an incomplete building to demand with a Legionary. Upon Completion: May put the material from this building into your clientele.
WATERMILL (Brick) - In Addition: After you lead or follow a Laborer, trigger all of your Architect clients.
CLEPSYDRA (Concrete) - When you complete a building using Architect, you may move 1 material from the building into your stockpile. This may immediately apply to Clepsydra.
AERIUM (Concrete) - Use the highest influence among players when determining vault and client limits.
QUINQUENNIAL NERONIA (Stone) - Upon Completion: Reveal cards of the deck equal to your influence. You may put one into each of the following locations: your vault, your stockpile, your clientele, begin as a foundation on an in-town site, add as material to an incomplete building. Leftovers go to your hand.
STATIO VIGILUM (Stone) - You may use a Craftsman action to tear down one of your complete buildings. Add its material and foundation to your stockpile. Add a matching out-of-town site to your influence, if able.
TRICLINIUM (Marble) - In Addition: At the end of turn in which you lead or followed a role, may put any or all of your matching clients into Vault.
PLEBIAN COUNCIL (Marble) - If there are more total Laborer clients than Legionary Clients, and you have more Laborer clients than any other player, then you immediately win the game.

Huge thank you everyone who participated in this process! Fourteen people contributed to the final 10 cards and may receive either an extra copy of the game or advanced shipping:
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier (tublefou) – 6 cards
Anthony Boydell (tonyboydell) – 4 cards
Chris (darthnice) - 3 cards
Simon (earlyworm) – 3 cards
Randall Bart (Barticus88) – 2 cards
Dany Majard (sevem) – 2 cards
Daniel Hammond (dlhammond)
Hanibal Sonderegger (hanibalicious)
KAndrw (KAndrw)
Mont A.(Typhon)
Scott Seifert (golden_cow2)
spacedogg (spacedogg)
Tim Seitz (out4blood)
Tiwaz Tyrsfist (TiwazTyrsfist)
Special mention to Thibaut, Tony, Chris and Simon - each contributed to at least 3 cards and between them they influenced EVERY card in the set! As an extra thank you each will receive a set of our 2011 releases (same offer as the $35,000 prize).

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

19 Aug 2011, 09:01

Glory to Rome a devenit cel mai finantat proiect Kickstarter la categoria "GAMES" depasindu-l pe anteriorul plasat la $64.965:
Punem pariu ca va trece de 70.000? :)

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

20 Aug 2011, 11:59

From $61,000 to $75,000

We're going to do a sweepstake draw every $1,000K to give one choice of Heiko's limited edition poster, a personal letter of apology from me, or a copy of one of the international editions of the game (so up to 15 prizes total).

At $75,000 we will also offer a one person "Factory Worker" flights + hotel trip to Shanghai for the weekend of Sept 17th including visiting the printer to help with checking the final versions, assembling the promo packs, etc. I will work out the specifics if it looks like we're getting close.

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

20 Aug 2011, 18:16

Cu permisiunea voastra eu fac o profetie: pana la 01.05.2012 Glory to Rome va fi top 50 BGG. :)

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

21 Aug 2011, 13:42

Am aflat de ce s-a dorit implicarea magazinelor de boardgames in acest proiect:

Intrebarea:
Mark Shocklee
I had the uncomfortable conversation with my FLGS about my support of this project and asking them in advance if it would be OK to have the finished game shipped to them. After the look of 'why didn't you order this through us?' and the conversation about it not being available through their game distributor, they agreed because I am a good customer, 'as long as there is no liability for us'.
So I have to ask the obvious question - what's in it for the game store to accept our order?
Please excuse me if I didn't see the answer in my quick scan of the updates and other comments.
Si raspunsul:
Ed Carter
Hi Mark,
Thanks for your update!
We have a number of benefits planned for stores who agree to receive games for us, but the biggest answer is actually "Free Shipping" - we'll be offering these stores the chance to buy copies of Glory To Rome Black Box and get them shipped to their store for free without needing to meet our usual minimum shipping costs.
In addition, once the Kickstarter project completes we (Cambridge Games Factory) are going to stop taking additional pre-orders, while we will be promoting all of the stores who have agreed to receive games as an option for pre-orders.
Cheers,
Ed
Iar maine vom afla care este suma finala cu care se va finanta proiectul:

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

21 Aug 2011, 22:58

Asa va arata cutia si mai sunt 10 ore ramase:

from http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1051906

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

22 Aug 2011, 11:14

Eu si alti 1611 oameni am facut istorie! :)
Cel mai bine finantat proiect Kickstarter din categoria GAMES s-a incheiat.
Astept cu nerabdare luna octombrie cand jocul va fi disponibil.

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

24 Sep 2011, 12:34

Asa va arata insigna oferita bonus alaturi de joc:
Si astea sunt ultimele informatii:
We are still finalizing arrangements / timing but Heiko, Christopher and myself will be in Shanghai for the weekend of October 8th - our aim is to review the final printing then and also sort the badges, promo cards, plastic feet, etc. into individual sets for each backer - with pick up the following week and so the games arriving in stores in both US and Europe in late November / early December - this time line is still going to get us an air shipment in time for Essen pick up, although it is now starting to get extremely tight.

cristianf
King Meeple
King Meeple

24 Sep 2011, 13:22

uuuuu.. nice ! De abia astept... sa treaca 2 luni :roll:

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

29 Sep 2011, 09:06

Depending on what time you're reading this update, your cards could be rolling off presses at the same time. What started out as a grand idea is reality. You demanded beauty, and we've been working to make it happen. It's happening now.
A team of CGF leaders are headed to Shanghai soon. We're going to make sure the demands are met, with quality components being such an important part of this. We're committed to making this dream, your dream and our dream, become cards in your hands.
The games will be shipping all over the world soon. If you haven't already had the chance to read "Glory to Rome Black Box Around the World", head over to BGG and find out why Singapore, Iceland, and New Zealand might just be the most "Glorious" countries around.
What goes well with a brand new copy of Glory to Rome? A new Rome Demands Beauty T-Shirt for all the qualifying supporters.
I'm excited to see you wearing your shirt at Essen (visit us at booth 4-231), at GenCon, and at your local game conventions. We'd love to see pictures.

BUYING THE GAME

We've had a lot of requests for news on how to purchase the game with the Kickstarter campaign over. Glory to Rome Black Box Edition will be available at fine game stores near you. We're already talking to stores and offering them great promotional deals. The best way for you to make sure this part happens is to stop by and ask your local game store to carry Glory to Rome Black Box Edition. The more they hear about the game, the more they'll order, and CGF will get the support it needs to publish more great games.

WHAT'S NEXT

Ed announced it already, but this is the first time I get to publicly talk about Zombie in my Pocket being the next Kickstarter campaign from CGF. As the designer of ZimP, I'm so excited. The chance to have this little dream of mine go from a hand-drawn print and play game to a full-scale production with Heiko's amazing art direction is wonderful.
ZimP has been a community project since it's release on BGG in 2007. You created variants, scenarios, upgrades, and completely new games based on the system. It makes absolute sense to have ZimP jump into Kickstarter. ZimP has a community of players already dedicated to the game and now we're going to break it into a new community.
Thanks again. Thanks to all of you.
Best,
Jeremiah Lee
Marketing Director
Cambridge Games Factory

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

11 Oct 2011, 10:06

Asa cum era de asteptat... shit happens sometimes:
Heiko, Christopher and I are just winding up our trip here in Shanghai and while we achieved a lot while we were here there's one piece of news that's rather embarrassing - the printer we're using doesn't speak English and due to a couple of unfortunate mistranslations it turns out that they hadn't started the production process.
This was completely my fault - I'm used to working with printers who can turn stuff around extremely quickly, so I confused the "sample" time with the actual production schedule. I guess "top quality" takes a little longer! To explain a little further, this is the first time we've worked with an actual game manufacturer rather than getting components printed / sourced separately and assembling ourselves - hence my not immediately assuming that the short timelines we were given were unrealistic.

We are in the process of getting a revised quote / timeline and I will post a more detailed update once we have that information.
Worse, I'm afraid this also means a slight delays in our other Essen releases (Pala, Montana, Quills) since we were expecting them to be printed on the same timeline, although for these games we're able to move much more quickly since we've switched printing back to our non-Black Box printer - we completed prepress for them yesterday night, but with only a week to go it doesn't give quite enough time to get the games to the stand. The games are on there way though, and we will have final artwork, digitally printed prototypes to show you what to expect.

That said, the other (non printed) promo items are still on track - I'm wearing my GTR badge right now - so if you are going to be there we'd love to hand out Kickstarter "goodies" to anyone who is there; and obviously we'll come up with another way to get games to people who signed up for Essen pick up - details to come.

I don't want to second guess the revised schedule until I see it, but from our meeting my suspicion is that Advanced shipping and Asian copies will still make it out before Christmas; Europe / North America by sea copies are probably going to be in January now - sorry guys!

One piece of good news is that in addition to the other games, we've also switched the "Award Losing" version of the promo cards / Republican expansion to the quick printer, and since there's minimal assembly we are intending to airship some decks (along with Barons) to Essen so that they will be available at the stand.
Have to run for my flight - will try to provide more info when I land back in Amsterdam this evening.

Cheers,
Ed Carter
Managing Director
Cambridge Games Factory

cristianf
King Meeple
King Meeple

11 Oct 2011, 12:30

Bummer ! Nu-i nimic, cu ocazia asta am aflat numele primului joc achizitionat in 2012 :mrgreen:

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

15 Nov 2011, 08:29

Update-ul cu nr. 15: Blah blah blah...
Glory to Rome is, as most of you know by now, expected to be to you in January. We're staying on top of the production, to make sure you get the perfect copy of Glory to Rome.
Blah blah blah...

Mai tine minte predictia mea? Jocul e acum pe locul 78, in urcare. :)

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

11 Jan 2012, 09:25

cristianf
King Meeple
King Meeple

11 Jan 2012, 13:31

Mda... :cry: dar macar mai primim un joc bonus :)

cristianf
King Meeple
King Meeple

11 Jan 2012, 13:34

djdano wrote:Mai tine minte predictia mea? Jocul e acum pe locul 78, in urcare. :)
By the way, dupa aproape 2 luni a urcat numai 2 locuri. Crezi ca iti iese predictia ? :)

Chuckila
King Meeple
King Meeple

11 Jan 2012, 13:46

cristianf wrote:By the way, dupa aproape 2 luni a urcat numai 2 locuri. Crezi ca iti iese predictia ? :)
Ma uitam si eu zilele astea la Avg Rating pentru GtR, comparativ cu jocurile din top 50. Are nevoie fie de vreo 10.000 voturi si sa-si pastreze aceeasi medie a notelor, fie sa ii creasca media semnificativ. Daca s-ar fi lansat in Ianuarie, poate ar fi avut ceva sanse :)

Oricum, daca se lanseaza in Aprilie si jocul ajunge in top 50 pana la 1 Sept, hats off :D

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

11 Jan 2012, 14:39

Eu zic ca ajunge sigur in 3 luni de la data iesirii pe piata.
Critica initiala majora era legata de componente: grafica de pe carti, calitatea hartiei, cutia de plastic.
Gameplay-ul e solid si fun, deci odata remediate si problemele de aspect jocul o sa urce linistit.
Deci nota medie va creste. :)

Revizuim atunci profetia: release in aprilie-mai + 3 luni => la 1 septembrie jocul va fi in top 50. :ugeek:

DanielIndru
King Meeple
King Meeple

09 Feb 2012, 08:49

Vine vine priiiiiiiimavaaaaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
CGF is headed to China on February 28th to check out the final product, and to bring back suitcases full of games for those of you getting advanced shipping. It's really exciting, and a lot of work has gone into making this happen. I'm really excited to be part of it with you. While there, Ed and crew are going to make sure the games get on the boats (one to North America, and one to Europe, with other orders going out from China).
We've just shipped Barons and Pala across the ocean without issue, and they're being assembled and sent out to your favorite game stores already. With this experience, we're feeling good about getting GtR:Black Box moved around the world and onto your gaming table.
We're really excited to share some of the artwork for your bonus game too.
Thanks so much to our artist Steven Bagatzky for the great visuals.
Best,
Jeremiah
Commercial Director, North America
Cambridge Games Factory
from http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1223728

from http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1223729

from http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1223730

Return to “Kickstarter”